Sunday, November 29, 2009

On Turning 30 and Savoring the Present Part 1



Today I'm starting a three part series on turning 30...even though I'm only 29.

I just entered my last year as a twenty something. There are aspects of my late twenties that are notably different than my early twenties. My early twenties were plagued by insecurity, marital growing pains, an unquenchable thirst for adventure, and an inexplicable discontentedness with the present. As I move into this new season I must say that I am much more grounded in who I am as a child of God, as a human, as a lover, as a husband, and as a dad. While I still love an adventure now and again I am much more concerned about listening well, being aware of those who surround me, working through conflict, and living well in the moment. In marriage I find my self both excited about each conversation I have with my wife and excited about who we will continue to grow into as we grow old together. Alas, I'm finally able to sit still, "plant gardens," and be where I am.



p.s. Check next Sunday for part 2.

No comments: