Tuesday, July 2, 2013

10 Year Anniversary: Scattergories

Note: My bride and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage in September. I've known her 18 years. That's 3 years more than I have not known her. In the weeks that we approach our 10 year anniversary, I'll be posting mental photographs of the development of our relationship.

For some reason, Tammie and I never hung out alone when we were in high school. The only times we were alone were when i was driving her to a dance. Most of the time, we just hung out with her family and watched movies or played games. Looking back I'm thankful that we never were alone. High schoolers tend to make dumb decisions (no offense if you are currently in high school).

Sometimes we played Scattergories. The objective of the 2-to-6-player game is to score points by uniquely naming objects within a set of categories, given an initial letter, within a time limit. For example, say the category is food and you get "A" as the letter. Some examples of possible answers are avocado, artichoke, anchovies, etc. 

One night I was playing with all of Tammie's siblings and her parents. The game was getting intense. I was sitting next to Tammie and her sister, Emily. The category was body parts. The letter was "S". In mass confusion I blurted out a very embarrassing word that describes a male body part. I was, and continue to be, terribly embarrassed  Thankfully, most of Tammie's family are deaf. Only Tammie and her sister heard me.

CLICK HERE for "10 Year Anniversary: Mixtapes"
CLICK HERE for "10 Year Anniversary: The Meet-Cute"







No comments: